Thursday, January 10, 2013

Finalizing Comps

Here's the final two color comps for the prison cell, incorporating your suggestions. I have another question - with the prop designs I had Don on the top bunk - incorporating the personality aspects I discussed with Lucy. BUT she's been designing her shot with Don on the bottom bunk. I did a little research in some forums, and the consensus is that bottom bunks go to the prisoner with more seniority (ie not Don).

I can definitely revise the design, but I think having Don on top forces him to deal with the impact of his powers more than being on the bottom. What do you guys think?


I think that decision will determine the color choice as well. If we have Don on the top bunk, the cream walls provide more contrast with the top bunk, and I can revise the lighting design to bring the the eye to that bunk. 

Let me know your thoughts! 

2 comments:

  1. Really nice Bridget. The different color comps give off different moods. Which mood are you trying to set? Even though the cell looks run down, the color choices give it different vibs. The top seems like the environment is uncomfortable, the bottom seems more soothing, clean, regardless of its conditions.

    I have faith in your choice, just make sure you are thinking if you want the environment to match the characters mood, or contrast of it. Especially if Don makes the insides rain. :)

    ReplyDelete